We drum & dance. We stomp & sing. We conduct & compost.
We play games & make music the Big Kid way!
Rhythm Kids® is our new music, movement and drumming program that helps children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from ages 4 to 8 years old. Children dig deeper and gain a richer understanding of how music works.
Rhythm Kids is the natural first step towards learning an instrument. Kids learn rhythms and songs, dances and drumming patterns from cultures around the world. This is their chance to take their very own music class at home!
Rhythm Kids is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class where children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming.
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements.
- Experience drumming, song and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm.
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation.
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are offered for 4-8 year olds with parent participation strongly encouraged. Classes are offered for both beginning (level 1) and intermediate (level 2) students in a combined, family-style setting.
Fall Semester Length: 8 weeks, September 23rd - November 11th (Kangaroo Collection)
FALL TUITION: First Child: $190, Sibling: $125, **Third Sibling FREE
- Weekly, 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and CD each semester
- Access to online video tutorials, music reading readiness activities, and play-alongs
Rhythm Kids students will need their own drum to use in class and at home. Want to shop local? There are Djembe's for purchase at The Getalong! A Djembe is what we recommend for the class. There are many different sizes and prices for Djembe drums. We recommend a djembe at least 12” tall at a minimum. 12”-16” tall is a great option for children. For adults, a drum at least 20” tall is recommended. Djembe Direct is offering Rhythm Kids Families 5% off and free shipping. Use code: RHYTHMKIDS at checkout. Another great resource for drums that has a webpage created specifically for Rhythm Kids is MindysMusikids. If it is easier, here are a few Amazon links for reference:
12.5” tall (7-inch head)
16” tall (7.5-8.5” head)
20” tall (9.5” head)
JOIN US OUTDOORS THIS FALL AT THE GETALONG! Please read out Outdoor Class Procedures before registering.